Friday, April 3, 2015

National Poetry Month

I decided this was a s good of place as any to collect the little bits I have been producing for National Poetry Month, and previously.

Uterus

Unusually large
Three trimesters
Everybody's spent some time in one
Rounded out towards the end
Understandably stretchy
Soon mine will be vacated.




Ack! My back!
It's flat under attack,
Between organs which are pulling
And foetuses that are rolling
The loving and violent embrace of a ten year old holding
My back is under attack!

There is no twisting and turning
No high flying flips and twirling
Nor graceful filled poise,
My waddle propels me with pendulum gesticulating
My back is, most certainly under attack!
And though it creaks, I wish it to crack
Oh my aching, pinching, squeezing back!



If I were a nickle, 
I'd roll on the floor, 
And when I reached the right length 
I'd slip out the door. 

I'd go rolling down the stairs, 
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE 
and when you weren't looking I'd jump in your car once more.


 Dust Bunny

And there it was,
The dastardly dust bunny,
All full of cough causing fluff.

I grabbed my spray can
Large rag and brush.


I was ready to terminate this little ball of stuff.
But then in secret shadows it came,
I sneezed and sneezed and
It flew away as though playing a game.

I know I had invited his little friends to play,
Not sending them home
Day after day.

And now it is my poor sniffling remorse,
I must rid this bunny of dust before I'm a corpse.


Oh Laundry

OH laundry,
From you how do I defend?
You mountainous stature is hard to comprehend.
You pile and pile

With no reprieve
Just when I think I have you
'Tis naught but deceit


Oh laundry,
I bid you far away to leave
But until I lie naked and in the grave
You be my companion, me your slave.


 Gunk In My Lungs

Oh gunk in my lungs, must you be so bothersome?
Clogging and causing coughing, spittle and gore,
Please give me peace once more.

I'm tired, worn out and sore,
My throat is raw, my head run over by a boar.
Give me peace, just a night of restful sleep,
And yours I'll be indebted to deep.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment