Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Crocheting the Auditory Way

I had a crochet/knitting get together last night at my house. It was wonderful just to have a get together, especially on a day that normally I am stuck at home with only my toddler to keep me company. It was also nice because I got the house cleaned despite being tired, in preparation for them and I even got my crocheting going.
I tired and failed at following a pattern for mittens for my toddler so I thought I would improvise one. I did, and made a cute looking, if not perfect looking mitten this afternoon. It did not, fit over my toddler's hand though. It was long enough, the thumb a little too long, but it was not wide enough.
Red Heart Yarn: Black Light
I think I need to try following a video. I do so much better with someone telling me what to do and showing me.
I know this, why I don't initially go for this method I don't know. Maybe because I am "supposed to" be able to just read the directions and do great. That is just plain silly, but that's what I have allowed myself to learn.
I have to say I am so glad I am an introspective person. I think being so allows me to grow more quickly if I don't get caught up in a destructive cycle. I would like to think I am out growing that but I can't say I am completely past it either.
Anyway way, I replaced my missing size G hook and got some neon colored yarn to make my big boy a pair of mittens as well. We were talking about making them alien mittens, where the thumb, first two, and second two fingers are each in their own spot. I have no desire to try to crochet gloves and I am thinking mittens might not be versatile enough for a rough and tumble ten year old boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment