Sunday, November 16, 2014

Precarious Stairs and Sleeping Arrangements

I have a list of projects that I would like to complete in the near future, including making the stairs safer. Because we rent there are limitation in how much I am willing to invest and limitations in how much we an afford anyway.
Ever sine I fell on my back on the stairs I have been leery going up and down the stairs. I turn, taking one step cautiously at a time, while having a death grip on the rail. It's not so much that I am worried about pain as I am worried I will fall bad enough to kill the baby. That and if I were holding my toddler would he get her if I had even a little fall?
So I have been avoiding the stairs. This means I have been making myself a bed on the couch as my bedroom is down the perilous stairs, through the dungeon other wise known as the store room and into the bedroom.
I don't mind sleeping on the couch that much because for one it's much closer to the bathroom, the boys room, far from the chainsaw that fidgets (aka my sleeping husband) and warmer. The part I don't like is not being in the same room as my husband and that I am sleeping on the couch. I tried sleeping on the floor but that was too hard and cold. I tried dragging our futon matrice up to the office and sleeping in there but that was so lumpy it was terrible. I even tried making a bed on the floor with all the couch cushions but that was no good as well because my bed had to be disassembled each day, reassembled at night and there was a big hole in the middle because the cushions are rounded. It's funny but true.
I think possibly investing in a cot would be a good idea. Something like this

The type seems to range from $70 up. If we had one of these I could just fold it up and put it in the office closet. Cleaning that out is yet another project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment