Saturday, November 29, 2014

My Month of planned meals,

I am a bit burnt out on cooking. I'll share my plan with you and I actually have lots and lots of leftovers in the freezer so it's not really a big deal that if I don't cook because I have stuff in the freezer.
I cooked less and less as my morning sickness ampted up and didn't cook what so ever for a while. Then I started cooking a bit here and there until 2 weeks ago where I have been cooking from scratch at least 2 meals a day and often more.

Here is the meal plan:
Dinners, I picked 6 genres plus leftovers night then 4 main dishes in each.
American, burgers, pot pie, BBQ, roast
Italian, pizza, red sauce, white sauce, pasta e fagoli
Mexican, burritos, enchiladas, fajitas, nachos
Indian, chickpeas, tikka, rajmah chawwal, queema
Leftovers
Soup night chicken noodle, Tuscan bean soup, veggie lentil dumpling, pumpkin shrimp
Fish, curry, creamed tuna, lemon pepper fillets, fish tacos

Lunches, I did the same basic thing. 
Soup and sandwiches
                               Tomato and grilled cheese
                                Bbq and dry veg soup
                               PB&J and potato soup
                               BLT and minestrone
Hand pies
                               beef hand pie
                               mushroom hand pie
                               chicken and kale hand pie
                               lentil hand pie
Mac and cheese
                               With black beans and carrots
                               With TVP and corn
                               With bacon and green beans
                               Texmex
Fried rice
                               Veg
                               Shrimp
                               TVP
                               pineapple
Wrap sandwiches and crudités
                               Tomato and cheese
                                Creamy avocado and white bean
                               PB and sunflower seeds
                               Hummus and grilled veg
Left overs
Stuffed veg
                               Cheese stuffed tomatoes
                               Cabbage rolls
                               Curried lentil stuffed squash
                               Blackbean stuffed sweet potato



 For snack I picked 14 things that I knew we could repeat happily.
Snacks
1)      Nuts
2)      Fruits
3)      Muffins
4)      Pretzels
5)      Popcorn
6)      Granola bars
7)      Trail mix
8)      Applesauce
9)      Cheese ball and crackers
10)   Chili con queso
11)   Pinwheels
12)   Bean dip and corn chips
13)   Cheese carrots and crackers
14)   Pumpkin butter and crusty bread

I did the same with sweets as snacks and knew both could be saved if we didn't do them at all or didn't want a second time in the month.

Sweets
1)      Pecan pie
2)      Cookies
3)      Cake
4)      Stewed apples
5)      Pumpkin bread
6)      Pear crisp
7)      Bread pudding
8)      Chocolate mousse
9)      Fruit cake
10)   Apple turnovers
11)   Cream puffs
12)   Carmel apples
13)   Nut brittle

14)   Spice cake

Because we really prefer variety and I prefer spontaneity talk to my husband about what choices are left out of the week genre wise and then we decide on what main dish to serve. The only problem is I am tired after 17 days of cooking 2 or more full meals a day, exceptions being leftovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment